Happy New Year 2015 everyone! Starting the new year, we embark upon a new journey. And with that new journey, I think this is a good time to write down our resolutions, set new goals, and go out and achieve them. Here are my resolutions for the upcoming year:
- Start my own YouTube channel, and publish a video bi-weekly on accounting, investing, finance, and economics. The plan is to have it launched by the end of January.
- Make time for reading. I'm setting a goal of finishing 1 book every week, unless I'm reading something like Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky (great book, but incredibly dense).
- Be more responsive with emails, and get to inbox zero ASAP. I've been trying to implement David Allen's Getting Things Done system, but I've had trouble getting started because of my emails.
- Limit eating out to 3 times a week. I need to stop getting sashimi delivery all the time.
- Revamp my wardrobe. I honestly dislike shopping (yes, this is a girl saying she hates shopping), but I realize what a difference clothing can make to your professional image. I promise to make time this semester to go shopping every month, and read more fashion blogs. Some of my favorite fashion blogs include: Extra Petite, The Brooklyn Blonde, Song of Style, and Wendy's Lookbook.
Cheers to all of you. Looking forward to an amazing 2015!